Bathe Without Showering
The easiest fix for your hair in this situation is to use a dry shampoo*. Simply spray or tap the powder onto your roots and massage into your scalp. Doing this will absorb the oils in your hair and leave it looking clean, with a light scent. If you choose to use baby powder, be careful not to use too much; it could leave your hair looking more white and powdery than an English Judge's wig.
A quick way to wash your face without actually washing your face is to use a moist facial cleansing wipe or clean, water-damp washcloth.
There are three main areas that you must clean during your cleanse: armpits, privates and feet. Using baby wipes or clean, water-damp washcloth, start by wiping down the three important areas, making sure to use a new wipe for each body part. You can use extra wipes to clean off the rest of your body, including your neck and chest. For extra freshness, apply a little baby powder to your body to leave a soft scent and absorb any extra oils.
o Baking Soda helps to destroy body odors but can be harsh on skin. Combining it with body powder or corn starch can make it less harsh.
o Once you have given yourself a "dry" shower, go ahead and apply deodorant and perfume to leave yourself feeling clean and smelling pretty.
o Don't forget to always wear clean socks and underwear to keep your body as clean as can be.
* Dry Shampooing
Ingredients: 1-2 tablespoons baking soda, cornstarch or 1-2 teaspoons cocoa powder
1. Add your ingredient(s) of choice (more if you have long or thick hair), to a small bowl or bottle with a small mouth or shaker top.
2. Use your fingers to lift your hair up, away from your head, and lightly tap and shake the ingredient(s) into your roots, close to your scalp. If you have long hair, you may want to flip your head and hair over and work from the underside.
3. Use a brush, comb or even your fingers to lightly comb the ingredients out of your hair.
4. Assess the results. Check all around your head using a hand mirror to see if there is any light power left behind. If so, just work it into your hair.
5. Reapply a bit more to any areas that you missed.
Personal Care Alternatives